Bkksitedotcom1H32.gif (13508 bytes)           
            Wat Chedi Luang            
Back to Main
Other Provinces        

ChediLuang102.JPG (22571 bytes)

ChediLuang101.JPG (24737 bytes)

ChediLuang103.JPG (26360 bytes)

(Bangkoksite Digital Photos taken on Dec. 8, 2001)

Phra Chedi Luang was constructed by King Saen
Muang Ma to enshrine the relics of his father at the
end of the 14th century, however King Tilokarat
completed it. This chedi used to be 90 meters
high before it was partly damaged by the earthquake
in 1545. The present restored chedi is about 60
meters high.

According to the legend, the Emerald Buddha was
brought to Chiangmai in 1468, and enshrined in the
eastern niche of the Phra Chedi Luang.

ChediLuang106.JPG (23773 bytes)    ChediLuang104.JPG (23885 bytes)



Back to Chiangmai       

Hit Counter
Since :  December 9, 2001