|Bang Pa-In Palace (The Summer Palace)|
Phra Thinang Aisawan Thiphya-art - a Thai-style
pavillion with four porches and a spired roof built
by King Chulalongkorn in the middle of an outer
pond in 1876.
Phra Thinang Uthayan Phumisathian was the
favourite residence of King Chulalongkorn when
he stayed at the Bang Pa-In palace. It was built
in 1877 of wood in the style of Swiss chalet.
In 1938, while undergoing a minor repairs it was
accidentally burnt down. The present building
is a rebuilt one.
(Photos taken on January 9, 1999).
Phra Thinang Wehat Chamrun - a Chinese-style
building where the court generally resided during
the rainy and cool seasons.
Phra Thinang Withun Thatsana - an observatory
tower standing on a small island, built by King
chulalongkorn in 1881 as a lookout tower for
viewing the surrounding countryside.
Opening from 8.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
Entrance Fee : 50 baht.