probably founded in pre-historical period until the
Khmers who expanded their power to the town of Larvo dating
back from the 10th century and ruled over the area. In 1664 A.D.
King Narai the Great, a king of Ayutthaya, made Lopburi the
second capital with the help of French architects. Therefore,
the architectural style of Lopburi in the reign of King Narai was
half Thai and half western.
Since : December 28, 1999